Running from Crazy!!!

Live...Laugh...Love...Run...Eat...Drink...Play...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Something you might not know....

Whenever I don't have something to blog about....which is a lot...I thought I'd post something you might not know about me...you know...for all my 3 or 4 readers that I have out there...who wants to know and understand me on a deeper level....
AKA:  Creepy Baby Painting

I call her Karlene...that is the name I gave her....she is one of my most prized posessions....I love her...I found her at an estate sale. An antique/used furniture store in NC would have an estate sale every other Friday during the summer months...I would always hit it up, normally not finding anything too wonderful, rummaging through boxes like a ton of other people....but on this day, I got out of my car and instantly saw blue, green and yellow from a far....I got a little closer....I got a little closer....then I started picking up the pace....with my swift-like cat moves....I threw my hands under a big black woman's legs and grabbed her (the painting)...I was so excited!!!...I told the woman sorry about ten times and then ran to the register girl to find out how much they wanted for the painting....when she said $1.50...I didn't even try to talk her down....gave her the money....got into my car and drove to my girlfriend's house to show her my awesome new piece of art....she of course thought I had smoked some crack or was high or something.....she hated it....to make a long story short...Eric was in Iraq when I bought it....all my friends hated her....I purchased her for $1.50, yet I spent over $150 framing her...she has been in the hallway....the kitchen....the living room.....when I look at her she brightens my day a little bit....although, no one understands why....and I don't understand why no one doesn't understand....she is one of my most prized posession....she will hang on my wall until the day I die.....:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not so bad... the brush strokes are nice and so are the colors. I think what's creepy about it is that it looks like a little boy wearing a dress. But I have no room to talk because I didn't have hair until I was 2.

Angel said...

I think that painting would give me nightmares, lol.