Running from Crazy!!!

Live...Laugh...Love...Run...Eat...Drink...Play...

Friday, February 11, 2011

Cake..

Today is my baby's 4th birthday!!! He's getting so freakin big....my heart is tearing...anyway, he's had a great day so far...we met friends at Chick fil a....we stayed for about 2 1/2 hours....that will tucker a little boy out like nothing else will...while he's sleeping...I got all of his presents out on the table....
and baked cookies...

Eric is bringing a small cake home from the Commissary....why didn't I bake one you ask???....Three reasons really....One, is that a whole cake will probably be wasted....my guys are cookie monsters...Secondly, I am a terrible cake decorator....no really...this is just one example....and this is the most impressive cake pic I could find....rough I know...so frustrating...I always really try my best too...
Third,.....well...the third reason is a little difficult to explain...it is a memory that I have of my (wonderful) Mom trying to give me a really wonderful birthday party.....a bunch of girls coming over to puff-paint t-shirts, lots of streamers, balloons, ice cream and of course a cake...a 2 layer cake...a mistake I have made many times....she didn't wait long enough for the cake to cool before she started frosting it....cake crumbled...the more she tried to fix it...the worse it got....my (wonderful) Mom went crazy...I mean like she was posessed....and started knifing it like she was killing the cake....we both ended up in tears....it was a disaster that I will always remember and laugh about now....hee hee...

So, when Eric offered to pick up a small cake...I started thinking and visualizing me trying to bake a cake and then decorate it....how I would put so much effort into this cake that would end up looking like a 6 yr old had done it....and how sad that would make me feel... and how stressed out it would make me trying to fix all the ugliness that it was....how I just wanted to have the best birthday ever for Asher.....

After all the visualizing and fond memories....Eric is going to bring a small cake home from the Commissary....:)

No comments: