Running from Crazy!!!

Live...Laugh...Love...Run...Eat...Drink...Play...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Asher's Coins

This week has been Teacher Appreciation Week, so we had some special surprises for Asher's teachers. Everyday there has been a little gift that I've put in his backpack for them to find, but today I actually volunteered to watch the class while they ate breakfast and socialized for awhile..........WOW!!! There were only about 8 kids in the class, but the amount of energy bouncing off the walls.....the patience it must take for these brave women.....I think that they are amazing and I appreciate how much the care for Asher. Anyway, not only did they leave me with one screaming child, but they had all the kids practicing cutting with their scissors......hhhhmmmm.....if you can only imagine me turning my head...darting my eyes every second to make sure no child was cutting hair or fingers....needless to say, I was a little more than nervous.....as I was doing my routine of showing each child how to cut out a heart....I overheard a boy across the table from Asher ask him if he had brought him more coins today.....my ears perked up..... I watched him pull out a quarter, dime and penny from his pocket. Asher told him nope, not today.....his coins were at home.....the little boy simply said, "Tomorrow, will you bring me some more coins?"......Asher smiled and said, "SURE!"......

We are trying to teach him about money lately.....we also need to teach him to not give it away everyday to Jonathan......hee hee....

No comments: