Running from Crazy!!!

Live...Laugh...Love...Run...Eat...Drink...Play...

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Richmond Marathon Race Review

I did it!!! I completed the SunTrust Richmond Marathon in 4 hours 22 minutes and 2 seconds!!!! WHAT!!! WHAT!!!...Eric beat me by over an hour with 3 hours 19 minutes and 26 seconds!!!! He is awesome!!! Anyway, it was an amazing experience! I really thought I would be hurting a little more than I am, but I'm not. I have my compression socks on.....using my stick on my legs....and drinking a beer...we are getting ready to watch OSU beat Penn St.!!! Here is the rundown and some pics!

Yesterday we went to the Expo to pick-up our race packets and freebies. It was a great Expo. Lots of loot....
We came home and immediately started getting everything ready for the race...
Our guest bedroom was a perfect place to set everything out...
We woke up at 4:45am, Jessica (babysitter) came at 5:30am, and we were out the door...
Parking was really easy....we watched the 8k and half marathon start.....I snapped a couple pics before the race.....

He's so cute....
This race confirmed the fact that I am in love with VA...or at least Richmond....the whole marathon was awesome! The crowd was amazing and so motivational! It really showcased how beautiful Richmond really is too...I am so proud of us!!! Hooray!!...I know...I'm a major dork....

Eric snapped a couple good pics and we got an older lady to take a pic of the both of us....


Like I said...I am drinking a beer....me with my compression socks and stick....and Eric is icing....lots of football and food in our future....Asher is our #1 cheerleader!!!

lots of stretching...

Today was soooo great!!! I can't wait to do another one!!!

No comments: